General Foot care
- All appointments are booked in 30 minutes time slots allowing enough time to assess and treat your concerns.
- Routine services include nail treatments for thick, fungal, ingrown nails, corn and callous debridement, debridement of heel fissures (cracks). Assesment and diagnoses of skin conditions.
- We stock a wide range of products to purchase in order to continue your excellent foot treatments at home.
Diabetic Foot care
- Thorough diabetes assessments are undertaken including:
- doppler arterial studies
- neurological/sensation testing
- biomechanical and foot structure assessments to assess high risk high pressure areas
- wound treatment, including the use of semi compressed felt padding to offload.
- detailed reports are sent to your GP
Children's Foot care
If you are wondering or worried about the feet of your child or your maternal and child health nurse has advised on a foot check you should contact us because we can help.
- Your Podiatrist can assess, treat and educate on a large range of Children's foot concerns including (and not limited to)
- Pain when walking/running
- Intoeing and out toeing (feet pointing inwards or outwards)
- Flat feet
- Growing pains
- Abnormally shaped feet or toes
- Heel pain
- Stiffness in foot
- Toe walking
- Sudden change in walking style
- Through injury/pain history assessed
- Thorough biomechanical assessments are undertaken.
- Dynamic gait is assessment
- All joint range of motions checked thoroughly
- Footwear assessed
- casting for custom made orthotics may required.
- Your Podiatrist will discuss all options with you during your appointment
- Treatment for ingrowing toenails include having your toenails professionally cut and cared for at regular intervals. For most this is enough to prevent the nail from ingrowing.
- For those who prefer not to attend a Podiatrist regularly, who have pain consistently, re-occurring infections, or pain when wearing shoes we can offer a minor surgical procedure know as a Partial nail avulsion. This requires a local anaesthetic into the toe, and the offending section of nail is removed and the base of the nail is destroyed to prevent that section regrowing. This usually takes 1 hour. Your Podiatrist will discuss with you the post operative care required at home. Most surgical areas are fully healed within 4-6 weeks.
This is one of the most common causes of foot pain. Heel pain can cause you a great deal of distress, especially because your foot doesn’t ‘look’ like it is injured. However, our podiatrists are trained to diagnose this condition and to implement a regime of care to help you recover and get you back on your feet.
Plantar fasciitis and heel spurs are common causes of heel pain in adults. Treatment may involve footwear education, stretching regimes, anti-inflammatories, strapping, exercise modification and orthotics.
Children can also suffer from heel pain this often occurs between the ages of 8 and 13 as they become increasingly active in sporting activities. Heel pain in active children is often a growth related condition known as Sever’s Disease. Your podiatrist will be able to diagnose, treat and educate.
- Yes, we offer a home visiting service locally and to surrounding suburbs. Please call our friendly reception staff to organise a home visit.
More information about how a podiatrist can help you can be found in the following pages: